RESTRICTION OF SUB-BRANCH ACTIVITIES
As a result of the COVID19 Pandemic and in response to Government directives the Juniors have now closed all of their Club premises until further notice.
Due to the restrictions now in place we unable and not permitted to conduct our meetings and other activities until such time as these venues are free to reopen.
Consequently, as previously indicated, all Sub-Branch Anzac Commemorations and associated activities have been cancelled. All monthly General Meetings and Committee Meetings have also been cancelled until further notice.
The Sub-Branch bus trip scheduled for 24th / 25th March has been cancelled and the Randwick Council Anzac Reception scheduled for 23rd April 2020 has also been cancelled.
All members are advised to self-isolate as much as possible in an endeavour to limit the spread of the Corona Virus. This especially applies to those who are 70 years or older.
If you need assistance during these challenging times please contact our Welfare Officer, Laurie Haynes, his assistant Warren Crotty or any other of our committee members.
Colin Flatters | President | 0417 309 145
Disaster assistance- bushfire crisis
The impact of the bushfires is being felt across the nation, including by members of the veteran and defence communities. Health and safety is the priority during this time, and we encourage you to listen to the experts on how to be prepared.
The ABC, as the national broadcaster, provides up-to-date information on all alerts and warnings.
Further information is also available on each of the state government websites.
Members of the veteran and defence communities can also access:
- The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment – one-off financial assistance to eligible Australians adversely affected by the bushfires. For more information on eligibility, and how to claim, visit the Department of Human Services website or call 180 22 66.
- Defence Service Homes Insurance – providing a range of home, contents, and other insurance. To lodge a claim or for assistance please contact 1300 552 662 or visit the Defence Service Homes Insurance website.
- Open Arms counselling support (24/7) – veterans and their families requiring emergency counselling support can call 1800 011 046.
- Crisis payments – a one-off payment to financially assist eligible people following a range of defined circumstances. For information about the crisis payments and eligibility please read Factsheet IS121 - Crisis Payments
- Other assistance – DVA’s Veterans’ Access Network (VAN) can be contacted on 1800 555 254 to assist with a wide range of issues, including replacement of aids and appliances, ensuring availability of pharmaceuticals, and arranging transportation to medical appointments.
If any other services or support you receive from the Department are being impacted by the fires, or if you need extra support in requesting these services, you can call 1800 555 254 for assistance. Thinking of you all at this difficult time.
Naomi BlundellManager - Community Support – NSW & ACT 280 Elizabeth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010 GPO Box 9998, Brisbane QLD 4001PH: 02 9213 7661 Em Naomi.Blundell@dva.gov.au
50,000 Fire Relief Donation
Maroubra RSL Sub-Branch President Mr Colin Flatters presents a cheque to State Office.
Powerpoint Presentation From The District Committe Meeting 16th July
Further Notes From The District Council Forum Presentation
RSL Defence Care & Veteran Sport Australia contact links for ex & serving ADF Members
Proposals For Reform To State Branch Headquarters & The Adoption Of An Updated Constitution As amended By Rockdale Sub Branch
To view documents relating to the updating of the RSL NSW Constitution Rockdale Version, click on links below
Comments should be returned to Col Flatters or Executive Members of the Committee ASAP and before the end of June
To view CV's of the Caretaker Committee, click on links below
2020 Commemorative Schedule
ANZAC Sunday as of 17 March 2020 cancelled
ANZAC Day Cancelled
Victory Pacific/Vietnam Veterans's Day Tuesday 18th August 2020, Service at the Cenotaph followed by lunch.
Remembrance Day Wednesday 11th November, 11am, Service at the Cenotaph followed by lunch.
Prosposed visits for 2020
- Hunter Valley
- Garden Island Naval Base
- Rugby League museum
- Sydney War Memorial
- HMAS Albatross
Peter Singer | Maroubra RSL Sub Branch
If you would like to email me, please CLICK HERE